Friday, May 20, 2011

Wow, how did I let so much time slip by?  And here it is, the end of the world tomorrow.  Not too sure how much I believe in anybody knowing when the end will come, but what I do believe is that I should live my life as if today is my last no matter what. 

I have been consciously trying to think happy thoughts, replacing the angry or hurtful ones that creep in all too easily and letting the people I care about most know how much they mean to me. 

Busy, busy, busy trying to pull my quilt show committee together.  Almost there, one key player fell into place today.  Only two more to go and I should be set. 

I'm going to try to document much of the quilt show planning and preparation.  We have a lot of great ideas that seem like they will actually come to fruition.  Apparently, from what a few members have told me, I have stirred up a bit of much needed enthusiasm in our 2012 quilt show.  Every time I hear this or when I speak to someone who seems revved up, it just spurs me on to get even more excited. 

Joining the Desert Quilters of Nevada Quilt Guild has literally changed my life.  I've never met a nicer, kinder group of people anywhere.  I'm going to work my hardest to make them proud of our quilt show.

So even if it is the end of the world, at least I can go knowing that someone other than my daughter and husband actually care about me.  Seriously, life-changing stuff has been happening here.

No comments:

Post a Comment