Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Made It Through March....Well, Kind Of.

March is a tough month for me.  That's my excuse for not blogging this entire month.  Even though I had a lot to write about...quilt show beginning, middle and end, committing to being chairperson of the 2012 quilt show (I'll eventually have plenty to write about with that bit of news), etc.  But, overall, March is a tough month.  My dad was born and died in March.  My sweet mother-in-law died last March and over the past month my husband has become almost completely debilitated from a knee and shoulder injury.  You'd think that would be enough, right?  Well no...

Now for yet another inauspicious memory to add to March:  My oldest girlfriend told me that she has stage 4 kidney cancer. 

This all sounds so superstitious, as if a certain time of the year draws to it the crummiest stuff that can happen.  I'm not superstitious about anything, so I suppose I should just let this feeling of dread go. 

Hopefully next year I will be so engrossed in running the quilt show that March will just breeze by.

See?  This is why I just didn't even bother blogging in March at all.  Too sad, too depressing. 

Tomorrow begins a new month, a new chance at some happiness.  No where to go but up...

No comments:

Post a Comment