Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rant....................................................32/365

This just makes me mad:


Anyone who knows me might assume why this angers me, but it's really not for the obvious reasons.  

It makes me mad that the media can manipulate so much that we are forced to view.  Whether you like it or not these are images that shape our perception of the world. 

How much more confused do they want the general public to get? 

Plenty.

First Obama dared to compare himself to our first Republican president, Abraham Lincoln.  Or should I say whomever it was that was the ghostwriter of one of his biographies (Bill Ayers perhaps?)  Over the past two years Obama has done little different than was done during the much hated previous Republican  administration, i.e., Obama hasn't dealt with Gitmo and went head long into Afghanistan.  There are more examples, but who has the time?  Not me...I should be working.

And now he's being linked to one of the greatest Conservatives of the past century?  Give me a break.

I'm not claiming to understand all that is American politics, but this image stinks on many levels and Liberals should be as incensed as Conservatives.  Then again, Liberals should be out marching in the streets opposing the war in Afghanistan, but apparently war is okay when their side endorses it.

If I were on the board of directors for whomever it is that owns Ronald Reagan's image (most likely Nancy and/or the Ronald Reagan Library) I would sue TIME for this ridiculous photoshop horror.
That's not to say that Mr. Reagan, when he was alive, wouldn't have been affable enough to pose with Obama , I can only imagine what a nice man Mr. Reagan was, but I seriously doubt he would want anything to do with this outright lie. 

Not necessary to go into the obvious here, but I will.  Obama does not love Reagan.  In fact, I'm surprised that we haven't heard any response from Obama's camp regarding this image.  If I were a Liberal I'd be pretty angry that Obama apparently is turning into a Republican. 

To be truthful, there are times when I have wondered if Obama being put into the position of president wasn't just a way for the real people who run this country to make people of color look bad. 

And that's really one of my core beliefs, that there is no real "Right" or "Left" only puppet masters who control the US presidency and make deals left and right (unintentional pun) as to who the next talking head will be, thus keeping the natives from getting restless, i.e., smartening up and realizing that either way we vote...we lose.

I've had enough of the manipulation...from every angle.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment