Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oy! And I was doing so well!............................39/365

Forgot to post for the past two days...

Sunday I was going to post about our trip to the Belagio to check out the Chinese New Year display, but ended up working and calling volunteers instead.  After the year I've just experienced with so little work available to me, I can't take the chance of missing out...as much as transcription bores the living daylights out of me.  Jules was understanding...as usual.  Such a wonderful daughter that I have.

Decided we would try to go to the Belagio on Monday after Jules' got home from school and I was done with my DQN board meeting.  Came home to Jules being sick again.  I told her those early morning scooter rides to school weren't good for her so soon after being sick.  She never believes me.  Spent the afternoon and evening calling volunteers.

Today, I had planned on trying to work my head off and call more volunteers, but spent part of the day yaking with last year's volunteer chairperson.  What a riot!  I just love people who are so down to Earth, especially when they "get" me and I "get" them in return.  She had me laughing the entire time, really lightened my mood up regarding what is turning out to be a fairly messy situation I've gotten myself into with this quilt show position. 

Oh well, it's been a long time since I've had this kind of a challenge.  Used to be an every day situation back when I was a manager for Price Club. 

Being fond of quotes, I like to refer to this one when I feel a bit bogged down:

"You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile."  Brian Tracy

And in the end there is little guarantee that anyone will even notice one's hard work, so it must be done for one's self, for one's own gratification.  I said that.  :o)

Oh well, back to the grind...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment