Saturday, January 29, 2011

My View of Things..............................................29/365


Ha ha ha.  Don't get you're knickers in a twist.  (Love that phrase.)  lol.  That heading sounded so serious.  Naw, nothing deep going on that I care to write about today. 

So that's my view, all day today.  Actually, I rarely look at my keyboard except when I have to make a dollar sign or an ampersand.  Never memorized which number keys those belong to.  While transcribing I keep my eyes on the screen, constantly fixing all of the mistakes I make as I type away.  By the end of the day my eyes are usually veiny red, giving me a somewhat wacky appearance.  I always try to wear sunglasses if I know I'm heading out into the world and may have to interact with other human beings face to face. 

Now that my mom had cataract extractions done on both of her eyes (which were quite successful!) I am left wondering if I will make it to 80 without having to deal with cataracts.  Most likely I'll be in my 60's (God willing I live that long) thanks to constantly staring into a monitor for the past 15 years. 

What I can't imagine is how little hearing I will have left by then.  You see, I really don't mind the doctors who burp, chew and make other various obnoxious sounds while they are dictating, but those doctors who can't seem to keep the level of their voice in check...well, I'm pretty sure I've already got plenty of damage to my hearing thanks to the loud coughs directly into the mouthpiece, yelling instructions to a nurse without muting, and worst of all...beepers or cell phones.  What's the deal that those are alway so loud?  

Oh well, such is my life...for now.  Making big changes this year, big changes indeed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment