Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quilt Tops for Missouri and Alabama Tornado Victims

I have no excuses.  Just haven't been in the mood for sewing or posting.  Allowing too much anxiety get the best of me, I suppose.  

But things are looking up.  Each time I interact with my wonderful quilt guild friends I get recharged.  At our last guild meeting I helped out with gathering quilt tops that we are sending to the towns that were hit by tornadoes a few months ago.  These people lost everything, including their fabric stores.  I know, that may seem trivial to some...but I get it.


So Brenda thought it would be a great idea if we collected quilt tops and use the money we didn't give away as a scholarship to a quilt guild in Missouri and one in Alabama.  We put the word out in our newsletter and above is the response we got at our quarterly meeting.

The generosity is amazing.  Not only did we get quite a few more quilt tops, but our ladies also donated probably 1,000 yards of fabric.  We're only sending the quilt tops to the guilds, but that fabric will not go to waste.  We have four circles that primarily do philanthropic quilts and the fabric will be divvied up equally so they can continue their good work.

One of our guild members, Lana, was making the journey to Joplin, Missouri with Central Church to help in the relief effort and we were able to get the check to her in time to present it to the president of The Town and Country Guild in Joplin.



What a wonderful group of women I have surrounded myself with.  I'm so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment