Friday, February 4, 2011

Fabric Birds............................................................35/365

Last summer while perusing Etsy I found these fabric birds that intrigued me:


I found a very simple and straight forward pattern (the kind I like the most) on the internet and got to to work.  Although, I must admit, the idea of making a mobile work (properly balancing the deal) seemed way beyond me.

It only took me a month and a half to make them...lol.  (I got bored after the first two because there was a lot of hand sewing involved....My good ol' ADD kickin' in.) 











I like the photo where they look like they're having an important discussion, a bird board meeting of sorts.  The one where I lined them up...not so much.  I did that to show the fabrics used on the chest area.  Unfortunately, it looks like I'd been out hunting and was proudly showing off the day's haul.


This photo does not do the cuteness of this project any justice at all.
Like I said, I was a little intimidated by the idea of making a mobile work, so instead I simply put them on a long branch.  I intend to hang this above the window in my office/sewing room once I get the curtains in place.

Just now, as I was looking for the original photo of the bird mobile on Etsy, I came across this:


Dragonflies...hanging from a leafy branch.  Lord help me.  Now I have to add this to my long list of things to copy...um I mean produce.  Shouldn't be too hard, just need to find the time...  So dang cute.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment