Friday, February 25, 2011

Catch 22 - Double Edged Sword - Mixed Blessings

Currently this is what my life consists of:



Can you believe it?  WhiteOut?  I was so thankful to find an old...and I mean OLD....bottle of the stuff in with my craft paints.  Hard enough to read my writing on a plain piece of paper, on WhiteOut?...what a mess!

Above is just a sample of my trying to organize my volunteers for the quilt show that is just around the corner.  I think (I hope and pray) that I finally got all of my volunteers in place, no more changes to be made.  One thing I do enjoy is the interaction I have had with all of these wonderful women.  Great stories, lots of good advice..  I've spent way too much time on the phone chatting...social butterfly that I am.  I know I will miss this interaction once the show is over, but I think I've made a few friends in the process. 

Call me crazy, but I'm rethinking chairing next year's quilt show.  I have a lot of ideas of how to better organize things, possibly make the show into a larger happening.  Considering we're the only quilt show in Vegas, it should be a big deal, a bigger deal than it is.  Lots to think about.  Need to see where my Jules is at with her extracurricular activities before I commit to anything though.

I have two quilts of my own that will be in the quilt show.  Just yesterday I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.  It occurred to me that I might be really off-base thinking that my quilts are good enough to even show.  Yeesh.  I hate it when reality sinks in.  I much prefer to live in my little world, all warm and cozy with my delusions of grandeur.

Anywho, I'm helping Jules finish up the quilt I forced her to make she made for the quilt show and decided it was time to buy myself this little gadget:

Admiring my little bowl?  I made it.  Jealous of my never ending talents?  You should be.  lol.
Seriously, I hope who ever invented this is a millionaire!  An amazing invention that is so helpful!  I do take umbrage with the name, but I'm a freak like that.  Yeah, yeah, artistic license...still Kwik Klip?  Okay, maybe it's kind of catchy, I'll give it that.  Still it bugs me...it's all the years of transcription...I can't help myself.

Maybe it just brings back images of my husband describing how he is going to force me to open a craft store called "Karyn's Kountry Krafts".  He knows all the right buttons to push with me, I tells ya.  Still, puts a smile on my face.  Love that man dearly for always trying to make me laugh.

It's late and I've picked up a chill.  We're expecting snow at 2,500 feet tomorrow.  So is much of California.  Too weird.  Darn global warming.  Must drag my weary bones to bed.  G'nite.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment