Friday, February 11, 2011

Proverbs..........................................................42/365

I was perusing Lollyquiltz most amazing quilt blog.  Talk about original creativity!  One of the things I like about her blog is the header:

Hope I don't get in trouble for reproducing that. :o)
I really, really like the quote from Proverbs (my favorite part of the Bible) and wish I had been smart/creative/well-read enough to have thought to use it for my own blog.  (Although I seriously doubt those lovely words would fit with the x-ray of the skull impaled with scissors.)

Which brings me, once again, to the subject of liking who I am and not always second guessing myself.  I still have a long way on my journey to finding happiness, becoming fit and embracing true contentment with who I have become. 

One thing I don't care for and have been trying to banish from my life is jealousy.  Such a useless emotion and all based on insecurity.  I can't say that I'm never jealous, but I like to feel that I'm not as jealous as others, but then...who am I to judge?  But to banish such awefulness as jealousy, I need to appreciate all of the positive things I do have in my life.  One emotion replaces the other so readily, it's almost silly not to try to achieve contentment on a daily, if not minute by minute, basis.

And I'm working on it.  I really am.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment