Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Elvis Is In The House.........................................................16/365

I'm about 8 months into my Block of the Month progect with Hancock fabrics.  Which means I have exactly 1 block completed, 2 partially completed and 5 not even looked at.  I wasn't a big fan of the black and white fabric, and I became quite a non-fan of how difficult it was to put the blocks together, but I figured I better finish what I start.  Tonight I received block #8 (or was it 9?)  Before we even arrived at the meeting I discussed with Jules that I was going to take a different path with this quilt (the quilt she immediately laid claim to when I decided not to give it to the person I thought I was going to give it to.)  I explained that conceptually I just couldn't stomach making each block a different color, as was my original plan.

Plan A
Well, I had an epiphany and decided that the only thing to do with the Black and White mess was to start over using a fabric I really wanted to work with.  I'm still trying to use up as much from my stash as possible rather than buying more fabric, so I was trying to avoid buying anything new.


Plan E for Elvis!
But...I had been eyeballing this pink Elvis Head fabric for a couple of months, trying to figure out a reason to buy it.  Well, now I had a reason AND it was on the clearance aisle AND it was half price at only $1.97 a yard!  Woo hoo!  Plus, it's a decent quality fabric, which is something I don't always find at Hancocks. 

Whew!  What a relief.  Now I just need to find the time to catch up on the blocks.  I've got three things going right now that need to be done ASAP.  Better get to sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment